The Lodge Farm PTA is a registered charity dedicated to raising money for the school. We raise these funds by holding a selection of events for the children, their families and the local community throughout the year. The school then uses this money to pay for educational enhancements for the children.
The funds we raise are donated to the school enabling them to offer equipment and activities that would otherwise be unaffordable.
The PTA committee would like to thank everyone for their support this year. We managed to raise enough money to donate iPads, £2000 worth of literacy books, nursery waterproofs, Christmas presents for the classes, a netball kit for school team and a Christmas Tree!!
We have many events planned for the coming year to raise funds for all the extras that our children will enjoy.
The PTA also donated £5000 towards the cost of the outside play equipment including the wooden shelters and picnic tables.
Using money raised by the PTA, the school have purchased safety wrist bands, printed with the name and telephone number of Lodge Farm, which the children wear when they are outside of school in case of an emergency.
Every year the PTA donate funds to Year 6 enabling the children to receive a year book or similar gift to help them remember their time at Lodge Farm.
Contact Us: PTA@lodgefarm.herts.sch.uk
- Debbie Nash – Chair
- Dawn Taylor – Vice-Chair
- Susanne Peterson – Treasurer
- Emma Hone – Secretary
|Thu 6th June 2019||PTA Summer Disco|
|Thu 13th June 2019||PTA – Father’s Day Secret Room – Details to follow|
|Fri 21st June 2019||PTA Summer Fair|
|Thu 26th September 2019||PTA Autumn Disco|
|Thu 14th November 2019||PTA Winter Disco|
|Fri 29th November 2019||PTA Christmas Fair|
|Thu 12th December 2019||PTA Christmas Secret Room|
PTA Easter Competition (2MB)
Easter Egg Template (1MB)
Easter Bunny Template (1MB)
Easter Chick Template (1MB)
Mothers Day Secret Room 2019 (570KB)
Penny Wars Results 2019 (121KB)
Spending the Money
Anyone within the school can request funding from the PTA and requests are considered at our monthly PTA meetings. To meet the criteria for funding, requests need to answer a few simple questions.
- Does it provide educational value for the children?
- Will all the children at the school benefit?
- Is it FUN?
- Can we afford it?
In the past the PTA have funded workshops, cameras, 30 iPads, educational games, puzzles, role play equipment and most recently £8000 worth of Chromebooks.
As a parent, carer or staff member of the school you are automatically considered to be a valuable member of the PTA family here at Lodge Farm School. Your level of involvement is entirely up to you.
- Ideas – the ethos behind all our events is FUN. We believe that getting local families and the community together should be our number one goal, any money raised from our events is a bonus!
- Organisation and Planning – Each event requires a great deal of work behind the scenes to put everything together, you might not be able to help on the day but there’s plenty to do in the lead up. For example, putting up posters, shopping for supplies, selling raffle tickets and many other little jobs.
- Volunteering at Events – There are always lots of small jobs during events and we always need plenty of assistance. Help doesn’t need to be just from parents and carers, we welcome grandparents, aunts, uncles and anyone willing to lend a hand.
- Attending the Events – We work hard putting together each event but they’re no fun if people don’t come along and join in. You’ll be notified of each upcoming event via Parentmail as well as information in our newsletters.
- PTA Meetings – We always love to have new faces and new perspectives at our meetings, and we feel it’s important for parents across the school to be represented when we gather to make decisions. The committee formally meets at the school monthly. Everyone is welcome, although we do realise that not everyone is able to attend evening meetings so we will be adding some daytime meetings too. Suggestions and comments made via these forums are placed on the agenda for discussion or taken into consideration when decisions are made within the main PTA meeting.
Donations are a really important part of our fund raising and it doesn’t necessarily involve parents paying out cold hard cash – here are a few ways that you can help:
Raffle Prizes: We hold a raffle to coincide with our Summer and Christmas fairs and we are always in need of prizes. If you (or your employer) are able to offer up any kind of raffle prize, we’d love to hear from you. We’ve found that the easiest way to get raffle prizes is simply to ask. If you’ve got any ideas for local shops and businesses that we can contact, do not hesitate to get in touch.
Event Sponsorship: We already have good relationships with a few local businesses that donate money in return for advertising at our events, however there’s always room for more. If you have contacts with any company that would be interested in advertising with us or sponsoring one of our events, then please let us know.
Baking: We wouldn’t be a PTA of any credibility if we didn’t hold cakes sales and offer baked goods alongside tea and coffee at each of our events!